Please keep in mind that the Users feature is available only for Unlimited PRO, Email API PRO plans and grandfathered accounts.
On your team, one person may be responsible for the newsletter and someone else for all the transactional emails that are handled by Elastic Email.
This is why you may find it useful to try out our option to invite more users to your account and give them specific privileges. This is also important in connection with the data protection regulations for the EU (GDPR). You should give access to specific data only to the people that actually need this information and are allowed to view, edit or delete this data.
Everything shown below can be done in your Account/Users screen. However, please keep in mind that only the main account has access to user management. This feature is not accessible for subaccounts: https://elasticemail.com/account/#/account/users
You can access all user's options by clicking on the link above or you can go to the Account dropdown menu on the left side and next choose Users.
On your "Users" screen, you will have access to modify access levels as necessary for your users. To add a new user to your account, simply press the "Invite User" button.
First, you need to fill in the first and last name of the new user.
Next, you need to add the email address of the user and assign the type of permissions this user will have. Everything is editable later, so don't worry about making mistakes. The exception here is the email address which needs to be correct as the system will send an invite there.
There are four access (permission) levels for a new user that you can choose from in the drop-down menu.
- None - No access to screens or data. This permission will deny all access to the system and is typically used to temporarily remove access without deleting the user.
- Full access - Full access to all screens and data in the account. This is the same access as the account holder.
- Limited access - Access to the most frequently used screens and data in the account. Access to certain screens and data such as global settings and billing is limited. This is the default permission setting for new users.
- View only access - Access to view everything on the account as the account holder but no information can be modified.
Limited access option
People with this access level:
- have access to full contact management to full template management, to full campaign creation, to reports and export but view-only access to settings. This user will have no access to profile and security options, to API Key and password User will have access to view only payment history, payment information, and usage.
To customize user access, you will click on the checkbox next to "Customize permission settings" which will open the options to modify specific permissions to perfectly fit your needs. If you modify an access level, the permission status will change to "Custom access" and you can scroll through all of the access options to pick if you want the particular user to have "None", "View" or "Modify" permission. In order to change access levels for the user, you can simply move the blue bar to the right or left. The more it is moved to the right, the more privileges the user has.
The new user will receive an invitation email together with an activation link. After clicking on it, they will be able to set their password and gain access to the Elastic Email Dashboard.
If you have changed your mind or this user is no longer required, you can easily edit their access details or even completely delete the user from the dashboard. All of these options are available after clicking on the 3 vertical dots to the right of each user - the "More Options" button.